Nextt Health NSW
Nextt Health NSW provides personal care, domestic assistance and respite services to VHC eligible individuals and privately funded clients.
About the Veterans’ Home Care Program:
Veterans' Home Care is a Department of Veterans' Affairs (DVA) program designed to assist those veterans and war widows or widowers who wish to continue living at home, but who need a small amount of practical help. Veterans’ Home Care is part of a broader Australian Government strategy to ensure veterans and war widows or widowers maintain optimal health, well-being and independence.
Nextt Health NSW provides the following assistance under the VHC Program:
- Domestic assistance: assistance with domestic tasks such as household cleaning, dishwashing, clothes washing and ironing, shopping for the veteran and bill paying.
- Personal care: includes assistance with daily self-care tasks, such as eating, bathing, toileting, dressing, grooming, getting in and out of bed and moving about the house.
- Respite care: temporary relief provided to your carer or to you if you are a carer.
Who is eligible to be assessed to receive services?
To be assessed for Veterans' Home Care services you must be:
- a veteran of the Australian defence forces, or
- a war widow or widower of a veteran of the Australian defence forces,
- a Repatriation Health Card—for All Conditions (Gold Card) or
- a Repatriation Health Card—for Specific Conditions (White Card).
To arrange an assessment for services, call the regional Veterans' Home Care Agency on
1300 550 450
VHC services and copayments
You will be required to pay a small fee to service providers for domestic and personal care services.